Monday Made It: Target Dollar Spot Banner

Happy 4th of July!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe holiday today! 

Notice anything different here at I {heart} Recess? :)
Rachel from Rachel BV Designs did an amazing job on my blog makeover!  Working with her was SUPER easy, fun, and AMAZING!  She had my new design up in three days!
 
I'm excited to share with you my Target Dollar Banner today for #MondayMadeIt! 


 Each year our school chooses a school wide theme. This year Dr. Seuss won!  I'm pretty excited about this theme because this was my classroom for four years, and I've carried over to my office now.

I found this banner, along with many other items, in Target's Dollar Spot last week. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it until a few days ago.


We are a Leader In Me school and I thought about labeling each piece with one of the 7 Habits and then decided to add Dr. Seuss quotes.  I can use the banner this year on a bulletin board, in my office, and in my classroom in the future if I ever decide to leave Instructional Coaching.  I planned my designs on my computer.




I cut out the quotes in vinyl, of course :), and then placed them on the banner.  Half way through this project I asked myself why I choose such fancy fonts...it took forever to remove the unwanted vinyl before applying the quote to the banner.

I LOVE how the final project turned out!!! I added the Cat in the Hat hat in the middle to show who the author was for each quote since I failed to leave room for Seuss' name...oops. 

A friend and I are heading to a different Target tomorrow, I can't wait to see what I find there!

9 comments

  1. That banner turned out so cute! I have been trying to stay out of the Target bins since I'm out of town and scared to weigh down my suitcase!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! I love that your school has a theme. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your banner looks great. I love the quotes you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Your banner is awesome! I enjoyed reading your post! And - happy 4th!! Please visit my Monday Made It HERE. Have a great week! Pam from PJ Jots

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your banner is just adorable!!!! Love your blog redesign too! I'm in line for one of those soon as well:) Thank you for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4th. Your banner turned out fabulously! Our Target had about 20-30 different Dr. Seuss items. It was all I could do not to fill my basket. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, I absolutely LOVE your blog design! Your banner turned out awesome. I love the Dr. Seuss quotes. I am going to keep my eye out for one of those banners the next time I am in Target (which will likely be very soon :).

    Mary
    Elementary Engagement

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your banner design! So many of the Monday Made It projects I've seen this week involve the use of a Cricut (or something similar). I think I'm going to have to ask Santa for a Cricut for Christmas. :)

    Susie
    Shafer's Shenanigans/

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top