Workshop Wednesday: Math Manipulatives

Stop over and link up!

This week's topic is Math Manipulatives; how do you use them, store them, etc.  I did not work today {my oldest has a double ear infection} so I was unable to take pictures of my classroom and simply forgot to do it on Monday and Tuesday...oops.  After my son's doctors appointment today we headed over to the school supply store for some summer workbooks, while there I was mentally preparing a "wish list" for next year.  I snapped some pictures of a few Math Manipulatives I would LOVE to add to my classroom.  I already have a ton of manipulatives because our old curriculum came with individual student sets and I have hoarded saved and collected some other manipulatives handed down to me from other teachers.  Here are a few items I saw today:




Random thought:  I really dislike that "manipulatives" comes up misspelled in ALL spell checks.

6 comments

  1. The Fraction Formula game looks great! I may have to look into that for next year too! I love the dice idea and have seen that on pinterest before too!

    Rosie
    Rosie's Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, me too!!! Manipulative is correct but not manipulatives. I guess because they are using it as an adjective then. Anywaaaaay thanks for linking up. I have managed to stay out of school supply stores for quite a while. You tempt me though. Ha!
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow Me On Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great ideas! I love the idea of foam too -- and it wouldn't hurt as much when I step on it on the floor! ;) Hope your son is feeling better soon!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! I totally agree with you about the word manipulatives -drives me crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love all of those and completely agree with the DIY Dice version, don't people know a teachers salary?! Lol I feel a shopping trip coming on... Thanks for the great ideas and I hope your son feels better soon!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dice dome idea! thank you! and btw, I agree with your random thought, I use that word all the time on IEPs and when spell checking it makes me crazy! Paula @ Educating Children with Disabilities

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top